Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Training Log: 28.1 & 28.2

my shoe

Sunday, 5/11: 5 miles at 7:45/mi tempo run
Tuesday, 5/13: 2 miles intervals w/ Mike (new runner);

Busy busy this week...I am chairing a search committee and squeezing in my runs (and blogs) in the spare minutes between candidate visits. Sunday's run was uneventful and pleasant. Just keeping the fire stoked.

Tuesday was even more fun. My friend and colleague Mike has decided to try running, so I am helping him to do some workouts...one a week. In exchange, he's helping me learn some martial arts to improve strength & flexibility. Mike is a teacher of Kuk Sool Won.

We did the first running workout yesterday, 2 miles worth of intervals with 1 minute WI at about 80% effort followed by a 2 minute RI. Mike came through like a champ!

No comments: