Sunday, January 27, 2008

Training Log: 14.1

my shoe

Saturday, 1/26: 8 miles in 67:02 or 8:23/mi; FIRST week 2 long run

In Ohio, so today's long run was a nice hilly course out to the C.J. Brown Reservoir , up the back side of the dam to the ranger station, a little tooling around on top of the dam to make sure I got eight full miles, and back down. Two good climbs other than the dam(n) hill (three total, out and back) make this long run function a bit like long intervals.

The plan called for 9 miles in week two, but it didn't quite work out with this course. My brother and I measured it when I was here for Thanksgiving. Eight is ok with the hills, I am guessing. It was windy on the way back, but not terribly cold. It's odd for my training week to start on Saturday, but since we are traveling on Sunday, I squeezed it in a day early.

No comments: