Saturday, December 1, 2007

T-Minus 25 weeks...

Until the Bayshore Marathon. That is still about +7 weeks until the marathon training program I've been loosely following even begins. In other words, it starts 18 weeks out.

At my current fitness level, I can do the "12 weeks to go" workout without much trouble at all. So this is a good place to be. It's also a reason not to worry about my week off. Still, I don't think I'll have to do that again any time soon unless I get sick or something.

For those keeping score, my 18 week training program would begin on Sunday, January 20th. That's deep in the heart of winter here in lovely mid-Michigan, but a month past the solstice so at least the light will be getting better. I still plan to do a fair amount of biking when the weather is foul. No running on country roads in ankle-deep slush. As Ridolfo says, time to toughen up!

No comments: