Monday, July 21, 2008

Workout: Tempo Run

my shoe

Sunday, 7/21: 6 miles in 49:36 or 8:16/mi

Even though it was 8:00 a.m., this was a hot and sticky 6 miles. We were in Springfield, OH visiting with the families and I decided to get up before everybody else and head out for a quick six on the bike trail.

My pace was steady and I didn't really try to push it. I'd had almost a week without workouts, so I was feeling kind of uncoordinated and sluggish for the first two miles. I eventually smoothed things out and enjoyed the run for the most part.

I also wanted to put a little co-suffering karma into the atmosphere for my buddy Randy Comer who competed in the Racine, WI Half-Ironman . He had a great race, winning his division and turning some fantastic splits!

We are back to a normal schedule this week, so I am hoping to have a much more active workout regimen.

No comments: