Thursday, May 29, 2008

Workout: Bike Intervals

my bike

Wednesday 5/28: Bike 45:00 or so, 10.5 miles or so, hill interval workout

3 mile warmup, spin high cadence (120 rpm)
5 x .5 mile hill climb WI, downhill RI
3 mile tempo (21.2 AVS)
2 mile cooldown, high cadence

Back on the suffer train! Just a short little ride this afternoon after work. I knew I didn't have much time, so I decided to get some interval hill work in. The climb here is not steep, but it is a sustained, long effort. The WI takes between 90 seconds and two minutes to complete, and a bit longer than 2 minutes for the RI unless I really try to go downhill quickly.

This is my first post-marathon workout blog post. It feels a bit odd, but I like putting these up in public. Keeps me motivated. And it's nice to look back and see what I've done over a given period of time. So until we have another big goal to work up to, I will just continue to report workouts. Look for more bikes than runs in the near future, anyway.

No comments: