Saturday, April 26, 2008

Training Log: 25.3

my shoe

Saturday, 4/26: 10 miles in 1:23:06 or 8:18/mi (PMP +:13); Recovery/Long Run

I'm at the point where a 10 mile run seems short, especially for a long run. But after last week, this week's schedule calls for less miles and more rest. I reigned in the pace today so it would be above PMP, as directed. And since today was so short, I got up and had my workout finished before the H-D women were awake for the day!

It was overcast, cool, and very windy today. Miles 5, 6, & 7 were into a stiff head wind, and miles 8 & 9 had me leaning into the crosswind, at times, to avoid getting blown into the ditch. Definitely less pleasant than last week. But compared to the weather I ran in this winter, it was nothin.

Last week was my final week of teaching for Spring semester, btw, so that should free up the training schedule a bit. Looking forward to being on the bike more very soon.

No comments: