Monday, April 14, 2008

Finally clear of chest cold

I've had a week off, though not on purpose. I was feeling pretty wheezy all week last week. Better today, so I am eager to get back on track.

It's been a bad week of training to miss, I think. Since we had a travel weekend, I also missed my day to do a weekend long run...and this is the one thing that I feel like I can't let slip any more.

Here's my plan. I have 6 weeks to go until the marathon. I will do at least three long runs the next three weeks: 20, 18, and 22. Tapering thereafter. I will also do long-ish tempo runs (6-8 miles minimum) during those weeks.

In effect, this has me repeating the missed week 7 rather than skipping ahead, but I feel like I want to punish the feet and joints a little more to be sure I am properly calloused, etc. on race day. Mentally, this is go time. I don't want to overtrain, but I also want to go into the race feeling confident. This past week hasn't helped, except that maybe now I won't get sick close to race day...

No comments: