Sunday, December 16, 2007

Training Log: 7.1

ski

Sunday 12/16: Cross training, 60 minutes of Cross Country Skiing

What a treat! We got about a foot of fresh snow overnight, so I was able to get out on the XC skis for the first time this season. I had a great workout lasting a little more than one hour. XC is really fun, and you get a great upper-body workout as well as an aerobic and lower body workout. I hope the snow sticks around so I can do it again this week.

My course today was in the backyard. I managed to get a nice track going and created a loop that took about 45 seconds per lap. I reversed my direction every 10 laps or so and got some good practice turning. If the snow sticks around, I'll try to head over to Lake Lansing Park this week for another session.

My gear:

Karhu XCD Pinnacle Backcountry Skis
Alpina Boots, Bindings, & Poles

No comments: