Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Training log: Week 1 begins!

I officially started training this week. Here's what I've done so far:

Sunday 11/4 Long Run: 9 miles in 75 minutes
Monday 11/5 Rest
Tuesday 11/6 Xtrain: 45 minutes on bike (trainer) resistance workout
Wednesday 11/7 Tempo Run: 2 warmup, 2 Tempo, 2 cooldown

My long run pace was a little faster than FIRST recommends, but I hadn't looked at the plan at that point. In general, I felt fine and didn't feel like I was pushing too hard. I hurt on Monday, but it was muscle pain for the most part and quite appropriate given the distance.

My Tuesday bike workout was a resistance session. This particular one was (in minutes) spin for 5, push a big gear for 15, spin 5, push big gear 15, spin 5.

Wednesday run felt fine; I had some trouble making myself take it easy on the first two miles, but was happy to slow down for the last two. :)

No comments: